- What to wear
- What to bring
- Cancellation policy
- Terms and Conditions
Nau mai haere mai ki wheako 6-haora! Welcome to our 6-hour guided experience! Let our kaiarahi (local guide) lead you on a journey of nature, culture, food, new friends and long-lasting memories across our ataahua (beautiful) region. Let tangata whenua (local people of the land) transport you in our comfortable van to cultural and nature landmarks of significance while we share the region’s Māori history and customs. Depending on conditions of the day your experience includes a selection of the following:
- Visit a secluded waterfall
- Hike to a scenic site
- Sample Māori cuisine
- Lunch with us in a beautiful natural setting
- Hear the history of how Māori came to this region
- Visit cultural and nature sites of significance
- Learn about important Māori customs
- Learn your introduction in Māori
- Walk through the waters where our river (Rāngitaiki) meets the Pacific Ocean
- View the powerful release of water at our local dam
- View our Marae
$210 per person.
Booking period: Can book up to 3pm the day before. Last minute bookings will be considered but call us on +64 21 379 201 to confirm.
- Transport throughout duration of the experience.
- Locally made natural insect repellent.
- Locally made natural sunscreen.
- Locally sourced water.
- Lunch. Important note: Please advise of any dietary requests at time of booking to ensure requirements are catered for.
- Walking sticks/hiking poles.
Please consider all types of weather conditions. Casual clothing and comfortable flat footwear is recommended. Bring layers for weather changes.
We supply a bottle of locally sourced spring water, but you may want to bring your own water bottle too.
You may also want to bring a hat/cap, sunglasses, lip balm and a small backpack to carry items.
We recommend avoiding bringing items of value unless it is intended for them to be carried throughout the tour, for example phone or camera. Rangitāiki Tours Limited accepts no responsibility for damage or loss of personal possessions, except where have legal obligation to do so.
Start time: 9.00am. End time: 3.00pm
This tour requires a minimum of 4 manuhiri (visitors/guests) to proceed.
Available on Tuesday to Saturday. Other days available upon request. Please call us on +64 21 379 201 to discuss.
For health and safety reasons this tour is age restricted to 16 years or older only.
A good level of fitness is required. Total walking ranges from 1-3 hours depending on conditions of the day.
Please advise of any pre-existing health conditions or safety concerns upon booking to ensure we can provide controls measures.
Courtesy pick up and drop off from accommodation available for Whakatāne township. Pick up request must be advised no later than 3pm the day before tour start date. Exceptions will be considered but call us on +64 21 379 201 to confirm.
Optional pick up and drop off from accommodation available:
- From and to Ōhope: $15pp additional.
- From and to Rotorua/Tauranga: $50pp additional.
- Other locations – Please call us on +64 21 379 201 to discuss.
We kindly ask that all manuhiri (visitors/guests) please arrive on time. In the interest of the roopū (group) we will not delay the experience start if people are late.
More information can be found in the FAQs on Rangitāiki Tours’ website.
In the case of adverse weather conditions (e.g. rain, high winds etc) a call will be made no later than 7am on the day of the scheduled experience. All manuhiri (visitors/guests) will be notified via email or text. Please refer to Rangitāiki Tours’ terms and conditions for more information.
By attending this experience all manuhiri (visitors/guests) agree to Rangitāiki Tours’ terms and conditions.